Each student needs a Supervised Practice - what should this consist of?
A template for your Supervised Practice Plan is provided on this website and in the Forms and Policies section of the School of Psychology website. Your SPP should consist of the following:
- Name and contact details of the probationary registrant, the nominated course supervisor and your designated supervisor (which is the same as "assistant supervisors" in the regulations). You may add designated supervisors as you progress through your supervised practice program.
- Period of supervision - the date the probationary registrant commences the Supervised Practice Program (may be no earlier than the date of registration) and the expected date of completion.
- Goals of the Supervised Practice Program - the probationary registrant's own professional goals, objectives and identified training needs.
- Details of the practice of the profession to be undertaken by the probationary registrant, including the type of practice to be undertaken, the number of hours of practice to be undertaken and the professional practice setting/s. There is no way of knowing exactly what you will do during your supervised practice program but try to make an educated guess as to where you might like to go.
- Details of the supervision to be undertaken by the probationary registrant including the frequency of supervision, the methods of supervision to be used and the number of hours of supervision to be undertaken by each method.
- Content of the Supervised Practice Program - details of how the probationary registrant intends to address the Competencies through both practice of the profession and through supervision. It is expected that this section of the Plan will be reviewed at least every six months and amended as competence in various aspects of the Competencies is achieved.
- Responsibilities of the probationary registrant, the supervisor and assistant supervisor/s.
Modifed By: paulj [11:58AM 10th of January, 2012]
Created By: paulj [11:37AM 1st of March, 2010]
Accessed: 29685 times